Updated on November 19, 2022
Why Does My Husky Stare At Me? The Last Reason Will Surprise You!
If you’re the proud owner of a husky, then you’re probably well-acquainted with those piercing blue eyes (or brown eyes!). You may have even found yourself on the receiving end of a stare that feels downright unsettling. So why does your husky stare at you?
Why your husky stares at you
There are a few possible explanations to why your husky stares at you.
They are showing their love and devotion 🥰
First, it could simply be a sign of affection. Huskies often stare at their owners as a way of showing their love and devotion. If your husky is staring at you with soft eyes and a relaxed body, then this is likely the case.
They are trying to tell your something specific 🍕
Second, your husky may be trying to communicate something specific to you. For example, if your husky is being dramatic while staring at you, they may be trying to tell you that they need to go outside. Pay close attention to your husky’s body language and see if you can identify any other cues that might help you understand what they are trying to say.
They could be trying to tell you…
- They might be hungry – when was the last time you fed your husky?
- They might want better dog food!
- They might be thirsty – did you forget to fill up their water bowl?
- They might want to go outside to potty
- They might want to go outside to play – have you taken them for a run today?
- They might be trying to tell you that they love you!
They are challenging you! 💪
Finally, it’s also possible that your husky is trying to challenge you. If your husky stares at you in an aggressive or challenging manner, especially while being a stubborn husky, they may be trying to establish dominance over you. This is particularly common in households where there is more than one dog/husky. If you think this might be the case, consult with a professional trainer to get some help correcting the problem.
Reasons why they might be challenging you:
- They might feel insecure with their position in the ‘family pack’. If they perceive you or another family member as a threat to their status, they may feel the need to establish their dominance through aggressive behaviors (e.g. staring and barking!).
- Your husky might be acting out due to boredom or frustration. If they don’t have enough mental stimulation, they might start acting out in order to get your attention.
- It’s also possible that your husky isn’t happy with you. If you are not displaying leadership qualities, they may feel the need to take on that role themselves!
Check out this thread on Quora for other reasons why your husky might be staring at you.
So, what is your husky trying to tell you?
So why does your husky stare at you? It could be a sign of affection, an attempt to communicate something specific, or they might be unhappy. Pay close attention to your husky’s body language and see if you can identify any other cues that might help you understand what they are trying to say. If the problem persists, consult with a professional trainer for help correcting the issue.
Does your husky stare at you? Comment below.
Is your husky staring at your right now? Share a photo!