The stats used in this article about the husky price in Australia were put together by Dr. Abdul Basit Javed (DVM, RVMP).
There is no denying that Siberian Huskies are very popular and adored by dog lovers all across the world, including in Australia. However, owning and caring for Siberian Huskies can be very expensive in Australia, so if you live there and want to get a Siberian Husky, this article is for you. Continue reading to learn about all the costs you might incur if you want to buy and look after a Siberian Husky in Australia.
Siberian Huskies can be pricey in Australia, with the average cost ranging from 1500 AUD (990 USD) to 4000 AUD (2650 USD). Age, bloodline, coat color, eye color, and breeder reputation all affect a Siberian Husky’s price. Generally speaking, trained Huskies and adult Huskies cost more than puppies in Australia.
- All the prices mentioned in this article are in USD and AUD.
- Some of the prices are average estimates and can vary depending on the location and other factors.
Husky Prices in Australia
The Siberian Husky’s age, physical traits, bloodline, and a breeder are the key factors that affect the price of a dog in Australia or any place else in the world. However, whether or not a Siberian Husky is vaccinated, microchipped, trained, or imported from another country has a significant impact on the cost in Australia.
Husky Price in Australia Summary Table
|Husky Price in Australia||Price (AUD)||Price (USD)|
|Local Buying Price (puppy)||$1500 - $4000 AUD||$990 - $2650 USD|
|Imported Buying Price||$5000 - $10,000 AUD||$3300 - $6600 USD|
|Commercial Dog Food (monthly)||$60 to $100 AUD||$40 - $60 USD|
|Home-Made Dog Food (monthly)||$450 AUD||$280 USD|
|Grooming Cost (per visit)||$50 - $150 AUD||$30 - $100 USD|
|Dog Vaccinations (initial)||$170 - $250 AUD||$110 - $165 USD|
|Dog Vaccinations (annual)||$80 - $100 AUD||$50 - 65 USD|
|Vet Checkup (one-time)||$50 to $100 AUD||$30 $65 USD|
|Dog Dental Treatment||$300 - $2000 AUD||$200 - 1300 USD|
|Spaying (one-time)||$300 - $400 AUD||$200 - $265 USD|
|Neutering (one-time)||$180 to $250 AUD||$120 - $165 USD|
|Husky Training (hourly)||$40 to $120 AUD||$25 - $80 USD|
|Husky Training (per session)||$30 to $50 AUD||$20 - $33 USD|
|Air Conditioning (monthly)||$100 - $200 AUD||$65 - $130 USD|
|Dog Walking (15-30 min)||$15 - $25 AUD||$10 - $16 USD|
In Australia, the normal price range for a Siberian Husky puppy is between 1500 AUD (990 USD) to 4000 AUD (2650 USD), depending on the vaccination status, DNA testing for diseases, microchipping status along with the breeder’s reputation, age, gender, coat color, and eye color of the dog.
In general, well-trained adult Siberian Huskies cost more than puppies, thus it is not surprising that the cost in some Australian states exceeds 4000 AUD.
You can discover breeders selling Siberian Husky puppies for less than 1000 AUD (650 USD) in several Australian areas, sometimes even for as little as 500 AUD (330 USD).
The majority of the time, these inexpensive Huskies are mixed breeds, therefore we strongly recommend looking at the paperwork and parents of the pup to ensure the dogs are purebred Siberian Huskies.
How much is a Husky in Australia?
The price to buy a Siberian Husky puppy from a local breeder in Australia is typically 1500 AUD (990 USD) to 4000 AUD (2650 USD).
It might cost a lot of money to bring a Siberian Husky to Australia. Depending on the country from where you import the Siberian Husky, the total cost, including the 480 AUD (318 USD) import fee, transportation expenses, documentation fees, vet inspection fees, vaccine fees, lab test fees, and quarantine fees, is likely to be between 5000 AUD (3300 USD) to 10,000 AUD (6600 USD).
The cost of the Siberian Husky is not included in all of the above expenses and if you hire a pet transportation agent or service, you have to pay them as well.
Husky Price in Australia in Different States
|Husky Prices in Different Australian States||Price (AUD)||Price (USD)|
|Husky Price in New South Wales (NSW)||$800 to $3500 AUD||$500 - $2300 USD|
|Husky Price in Queensland (QLD)||$1000 - $2500 AUD||$650 - $1600 USD|
|Husky Price in Western Australia (WA)||~$2500 AUD||$1600 USD|
|Husky Price in Victoria (VIC)||$1500 - $3500 AUD||$990 - $2300 USD|
|Husky Price in South Australia (SA)||$1100 - $2000 AUD||$720 - $1300 USD|
Husky Price in New South Wales
In New South Wales, the most populous state in Australia, a Siberian Husky puppy typically costs between 800 AUD to 3500 AUD (500-2300 USD). The cost can be higher if the puppy has good genetics, is vaccinated, is microchipped, and has been DNA tested for diseases.
Husky Price in Queensland
In Queensland, a Siberian Husky puppy can be purchased for anywhere between 1000 AUD (650 USD) to 2500 AUD (1600 USD), though rates can vary significantly depending on the dog’s quality.
Husky Price in Western Australia
In Western Australia, you may anticipate spending roughly 2500 AUD (1600 USD) on a Siberian Husky puppy.
Husky Price in Victoria
For a Siberian Husky puppy in Victoria, you should be ready to spend between 1500 AUD (990 USD) to 3500 AUD (2300 USD), depending on the breeder and the quality of the dog. Some Husky breeders in Victoria, however, claim that the price is negotiable.
Husky Price in South Australia
In South Australia, the price of a Husky puppy normally runs between 1100 AUD (720 USD) and 2000 AUD (1300 USD), however, you can expect to pay more depending on where you acquire the dog.
Siberian Husky Maintenance Cost in Australia
Maintenance cost which includes the cost of food, grooming, training, and veterinary expenses for Siberian Huskies in Australia is mentioned below:
Cost of food
Commercial Dog Food
In Australia, the average cost of commercial dog food for Siberian Huskies is between 60 to 100 AUD (40-60 USD) per month; but, if you feed your dog a lower-quality brand, you can anticipate paying less. Note that your dog’s age and size also have an impact on the overall cost.
For Siberian Huskies, high-quality dog food typically costs between 800 to 1300 AUD (500-860 USD) per year in Australia, while lower-quality dog food usually costs around 600 AUD (390 USD).
Home-made Dog food
In Australia (not surprisingly), a homemade raw diet for Siberian Huskies can be more expensive than commercial dog food. The average daily price of homemade raw dog food for Siberian Huskies in Australia is between 5 to 15 AUD (3-10 USD), and the monthly price may be as high as 450 AUD (280 USD) depending on all the factors, including the quality of the ingredients, the dog’s age, size, etc.
If you don’t like preparing raw dog food at home, you could find it easier to buy from one of the few companies that offer it in Australia instead of making your own, but they can be expensive. Pet Circle is a great affordable option for dog food deliveries to your home.
Below is the average cost of branded raw dog food per day:
- Darwin’s Natural Pet Products (8 AUD) (5 USD)
- Steve’s Real Food Online (12 AUD) (8 USD)
- BJ’s Raw (15 AUD) (10 USD)
Cost of grooming
Depending on your dog’s lifestyle and the services you select at the groomer, the cost of grooming a Siberian Husky in Australia can vary, but in general, a total package that includes a haircut, hair styling, coat stripping, nail clipping, bathing, and blow drying will cost you about 200 AUD (130 USD).
The cost of basic services might range from 50 to 150 AUD (30-100 USD). In Australia, prices for dog grooming can vary slightly from one city to the next.
Cost of veterinary services
The initial vaccinations for a Siberian Husky puppy will cost you between 170 and 250 AUD (110-165 USD), and the following annual vaccination charges are between 80 and 100 AUD (50-65 USD).
The price of a basic vet appointment ranges from 50 to 100 AUD (30-65 USD), and the price may go up if procedures and treatments are performed.
Depending on your Husky’s health, dental treatments can cost anywhere between 300 to 2000 AUD (200-1300 USD). You will pay between 300 to 400 AUD (200-265 USD) for surgeries like spaying, and between 180 to 250 AUD (120-165 USD) for neutering.
Cost of dog training
In Australia, you’ll pay between 30 to 50 AUD (20-33 USD) per training session and 40 to 120 AUD (25-80 USD) for hourly training sessions for a Siberian Husky.
A weekly dog training package can be expensive and often costs between 200 to 600 AUD (130-400 USD). With an average dog training cost of about 275 AUD (180 USD), New South Wales has the highest rates of dog training.
Additional Husky Maintenance Costs in Australia
Depending on the time of year and location in Australia, the average temperature can get quite hot for your Husky with Summer temperatures being anywhere from 25 – 40 degrees celsius. Running your air conditioner for your Husky could be a necessity from November to February.
The cost of electricity in Australia can range from 100 to 200 AUD per month (65-130 USD) when using your air conditioner for your Husky.
Since Siberian Huskies require regular exercise to stay healthy and if you are a busy person and don’t have time to talk to your dog on a walk you might need to hire a dog walker. Dog walkers in Australia will charge you about 15 to 25 AUD (10-16 USD) for 15 to 30-minute walks. Prices can go up depending on the duration and location of walks.
Husky prices around the world:
- Husky Price in USA
- Husky Price in Canada
- Husky Price in UK
- Husky Price in South Africa
- Husky Price in Pakistan
- Husky Price in India
- Husky Price in Nepal
- Husky Price in Philippines
- Husky Price in Malaysia
- Husky Price in Nigeria
- Husky Price in Sri Lanka
Final Word About the Husky Price in Australia
So, is a husky worth the price in Australia? It really depends on your personal circumstances. If you’re prepared to put in the work to look after your dog and are located in an area where there are no prohibitively high costs associated with keeping a husky, then go for it! But if you’re not sure whether you’ll be able to meet all of the dog’s needs, it might be wiser to opt for a different breed.
Have you got a husky?
Share your experience and expenses in the comments below.
We love hearing from our readers!
- Airtasker. (n.d.-a). Dog Training Cost Guide | Airtasker AU. https://www.airtasker.com/dog-care/dog-training/price/dog-trainer-cost/
- Airtasker. (n.d.-b). Dog Walking Cost Guide | Airtasker AU. https://www.airtasker.com/dog-care/dog-walking/price/dog-walking-cost/
- Bundy, B. (2022, October 7). Cost to Spay or Neuter a Dog In Australia (2022 Guide). Pet Keen. https://petkeen.com/cost-to-spay-neuter-dogs-australia/
- Cosgrove, N. (2022, October 5). How Much Does Dog Grooming Cost in Australia? (2022 Price Guide). Pet Keen. https://petkeen.com/how-much-does-dog-grooming-cost-in-australia/
- Evans, W. (2021, October 19). Save money on vet costs. CHOICE. https://www.choice.com.au/outdoor/pets/health/articles/veterinarian-costs
- Gumtree. (n.d.). Free local classified ads. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-dogs-puppies/husky/k0c18434
- Husky. (2021, December 3). PetsForHomes. https://petsforhomes.com.au/dogs-puppies/husky/
- Moneysmart. (n.d.). Getting a pet – Moneysmart.gov.au. https://moneysmart.gov.au/getting-a-pet
- Santos, O. de. (2022, September 22). How Much Is Dog Food In Australia? The Costs Associated With Canine Nutrition. gentledogtrainers.com.au. https://gentledogtrainers.com.au/how-much-is-dog-food/
- The Costs Of Owning A Dog | Porter County Animal Shelter, IN. (n.d.). https://www.portercountyanimalshelter.org/158/The-Costs-Of-Owning-A-Dog
- User, S. (n.d.). Importing Pets Guide to Australia. http://www.petcarriers.com.au/pet-transportation/importing-pets-guide-to-australia
- Waddington, S. (2022, October 29). The Cost To Feed Raw Dog Food (The True Price!). World of Dogz. https://worldofdogz.com/raw-diet-cost-for-dogs/
- Fees for cat and dog import permit applications. Fees for cat and dog import permit applications – DAFF. (n.d.). Retrieved November 11, 2022, from https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity-trade/cats-dogs/fees-for-cat-and-dog-import-permit-applications
- How much does it cost to visit a vet. RSPCA Pet Insurance. (2020, April 22). Retrieved November 11, 2022, from https://www.rspcapetinsurance.org.au/pet-care/responsible-pet-ownership/how-much-does-vet-visit-cost-2020
- Oneflare. (2022, February 1). Puppy School & Dog Training prices 2022. Oneflare. Retrieved November 11, 2022, from https://www.oneflare.com.au/costs/dog-training